Updated: Feb 8, 2019
A few days ago I began a new era in my life. Yes, I turned 20- and it's been a little bittersweet. The teenage years are gone and its time to begin a new chapter. Even though I know I have a vast number of brand new experiences to look forward to, its a little scary. Regardless, I didn't write this post to rant about the fear of the unknown. I decided as a new era begins for me, it should also do so for this blog. So I don't know how much ill be posting, and I don't even know what precisely ill be posting about, but I do know its time to begin again. To start with, in honor of my 20th birthday, I figured why not start by telling you a little bit about myself. So without further ado here are 20 facts about me.
1. I am of Indian descent, but I was born in Houston Texas.
2. I currently attend the Savannah College of Art & Design for Fashion Marketing & Management with minors in both Business and Fashion Journalism.
3. I lived in Dubai, UAE from the age of 6 to 19 before my parents moved to Mumbai about a year ago. Now I split my time between Savannah and Mumbai.
4. I am not a picky eater in the slightest, I love food, except when it comes to cardamom. I despise cardamom.
5. The title of this blog is the initials of my full name.
6. I am probably the biggest cheeseball you will ever meet, and all my friends call me out for it.
7. I can sing.
8. Not to brag, but I have never met an animal that I can't make love me. I guess I just don't give up, and they get so annoyed that they give in.
9. The longest plane journey I've ever been on is 32 hours including layovers and delays. It sucked.
10. I suck at sports, I am beyond uncoordinated to the point where I can't wear flipflops because if I do I fall over because they fall off my feet.
11. I'm 5'2"
12. My brother and I are the only two in my family who can only speak English, except he's now learning Hindi, so I guess its just me.
13. I talk way too much and way too fast.
14. I'm just a big nerd and I like a lot of sci-fi ( Side Note: the new Star Wars movie was , and you should all see it.)
15. My voice is pretty high, and if I don't know you or I'm on the phone, it gets even higher.
16. I never go to sleep angry, because you never know what tomorrow is going to bring. My great-grandmother taught my dad that and he passed it on to me.
17. I've been told I have a guardian angel.
18. The only time I ever dyed my hair, I asked for a subtle ombre, and instead, I got a harsh line of blonde because the hairdresser left the bleach in my hair for 3 hours. I looked like a weird magnet.
19. I am a very determined person if I set my mind to something I won't stop until it's done to the best of my capability. I very rarely take no for an answer.
20. Last but not least I am so beyond grateful for the amazing friends and family in my life.
So that's it, 20 facts about me for my 20th birthday. You know, I just have this feeling that this year is going to be one of the best ones yet.
Captured by Riley Brennan, Modeled by Alyssa Advano